ARMv7 vs x86-64: Pathfinding benchmark of C++, D, Go, Nim, Ocaml, and more.

logicchains via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 03:45:54 PST 2014

On Sunday, 21 December 2014 at 09:48:24 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 21:47:24 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> I did notice this:
>>
>> "I updated the ldc D compiler earlier today (incidentally, as
>> part of upgrading my system with pacman -Syu), and now it
>> doesn't compile at all. It was previously compiling, and ran
>> at around 90% the speed of C++ on ARM."
>>
>> Sigh.
>
> I have deployed experimental LDC package exactly to be able to
> detect such issues, otherwise it will never get there. It will
> be either fixed within a week or reverted to old mode.

I installed the new Arch Linux LDC package but it still fails
with the same error: /usr/lib/libldruntime.so: undefined
reference to `__mulodi4'

I did get GDC to work on ARM, but for some reason the resulting
executable is horribly slow, around five times slower than what
LDC produced. Are there any flags other than -O3 that I should be
using?