Davidson/TJB - HDF5 - Re: Walter's DConf 2014 Talks - Topics in Finance

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 04:05:46 PST 2014

On Monday, 22 December 2014 at 11:59:11 UTC, aldanor wrote:
> @Laeeth
>
> As a matter of fact, I've been working on HDF5 bindings for D
> as well -- I'm done with the binding/wrapping part so far (with
> automatic throwing of D exceptions whenever errors occur in the
> C library, and other niceties) and am hacking at the higher
> level OOP API -- can publish it soon if anyone's interested :)
> Maybe we can join efforts and make it work (that and
> standardizing a multi-dimensional array library in D).

Oh, well :)  I would certainly be interested to see what you
have, even if not finished yet.  My focus was sadly getting
something working soon in a sprint, rather than building
something excellent later, and I would think your work will be
cleaner.

In any case, I would very much be interested in exchanging ideas
or working together - on HDF5, on multi-dim or on other projects
relating to finance/quant/scientific computing and the like.  So
maybe you could send me a link when you are ready - either post
here or my email address is my first name at my first name.com

Thanks.