Do everything in Java…

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 07:36:27 PST 2014

On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 08:56:29 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:09:08 +0000
> via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 18 December 2014 at 01:16:38 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> >
>> > That's hardly a solution that will work for the general D
>> > user, many of
>> > whom may not have this specific setup.
>>
>> By the time this would be ready, most programmers will have
>> PCIe interfaced SSD. At 100.000 IOPS it is pretty ok.
>
> didn't i say that the whole "64-bit" hype sux? ;-) that's about
> "memory
> as database".

Heh, btw, I just read on osnews.com that HP is going to create a
new hardware platform The Machine and a new operating system for
it based on resistor based non-volatile memory called memristors
that is comparable to dram in speed. Pretty interesting actually:

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/533066/hp-will-release-a-revolutionary-new-operating-system-in-2015/