cross post hn: (Rust) _ _ without GC

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 23 07:05:19 PST 2014

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:52:04 +0000
CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> In fairness to commercial users though - and many have shown that
> they are willing to put resources and money into open source
> projects - they naturally need to feel that there is something
> in it for them.  They need to believe that they are putting their
> resources into a worthwhile project, that will eventually
> benefit their commercial interests.
>
> I have no doubt that if D could attract more commercial interest
> it would ultimately be beneficial to the languages development.

this is "do what we want and maybe we'll give you a cent or two".
they don't want to invest their money, i can understand that. they will
wait endlessly and there will always be a thing that "will turn D into
worthwhile project if somebody will do it." and if somebody will do it,
comms will find another reason. 'cause, you know, FOSS is the box where
comm can get free things. there is no reason to pay for free things.
it's always better to shout and to talk how doing what comm want will
turn D to "good project that worth investing". so "show me the money
first" i say.