What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 23 09:08:38 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 23 December 2014 at 17:01:13 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> If there was a way of mocking
> (so that you can run integration tests without the actual
> network)

With my cgi.d, I made a command line interface that triggers the
library the same as a network does. This works even if you
compile it with the embedded http server:

$ ./hellocgi  GET / foo=bar
Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"
Expires: 0
Pragma: no-cache

hello

It was really easy for me to implement and it gives easy access
to any function for testing and debugging. It also lets me use
the shell as a kind of web console too.

This is something that often amazes me that everyone doesn't do.