What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 23 17:45:12 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 01:20:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Lets not forget things like barcode generators, qrcode and pdf
> editor.

One of my larger D web projects included QR code generation - it
was a printable coupon site.

I did it by just calling system("qrencode")... or whatever the
program was called, instead of bothering with a library, then did
the rest with plain image management (which I do have in D).

I'm sure I could have called a C lib or something too, but the
command line interface was easy and quick to slap together.

It was easy and worked pretty well. Over years of using D in
production for a few different startups, I never hit a problem I
couldn't quickly solve.