DIP66 has been approved contingent to a few amendments as noted

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 24 06:27:37 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 13:54:24 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 13:16:32 UTC, eles wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 24 December 2014 at 12:59:33 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 23 December 2014 at 15:49:46 UTC, Andrei
>>> Alexandrescu wrote:

> What would be the point of it? D1 is almost absolutely inferior
> to D2 (both compiler and language) and lacks any better tools
> recently created by the community.

I do not contest that. But will be a less-deceiving entry-point
for those that are new to the language, they will bite and would
wish to see more...

And it would relieve time pressure on the current D2 development,
that thrives to be both innovative and production-ready at the
same time.

D2 is still looking for the best design. D1 has one, is not as
good, but is a safer default.

Anyway, I do not push for it.