What is the D plan's to become a used language?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 24 13:15:28 PST 2014

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 20:50:17 +0000
"Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Yes, DIY is finally :P Unless the lib actually happens to solve
> what I want exactly and has no other hassle... which basically
> never happens... I end up doing it myself whether it sucks or is
> actually OK.
>
> y'all should do it too, it is informative!

same for me. most of my libraries (both published and private) was born
out of frustration. first i have to solve some task, then i found that
existing libraries sux, then i wrote a solution, and then i see that i
can turn this solution into a library. now the problem is solved
and i have a new library, tested with the actual data and solves
exactly what i need to solve, not "everything someone may want to
solve". win-win. ;-)