GBAiD (GameBoy Advance in D)

JN via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 25 01:22:47 PST 2014

On Thursday, 25 December 2014 at 01:59:48 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 December 2014 at 00:05:06 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Not mine, just sharing:
>>
>> reddit:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2qaxvs/gbaid_a_gameboy_advance_emulator_in_d/
>>
>> github: https://github.com/DDoS/GBAiD
>>
>> Matheus.
>
> That's really neat. The author's coding style suggests that
> he's new to D and coming from Java, as I was in a similar place
> when I started with D and his code looks very similar to some
> that I wrote back then.

I write the code in a same way, even though I first learned and
used C++ before switching to Java. Is it really that bad? I know
OOP isn't trendy nowadays and functional programming is cool, but
it's a very simple way to write software. I don't think the fact
you're not using "advanced" features makes the code less cool.