What's missing to make D2 feature complete?

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 25 02:39:12 PST 2014

On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 20:14:21 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> 1. A well thought out ownership system to replace GC with
> compiler protocols/mechanisms that makes good static analysis
> possible and pointers alias free.  It should be designed before
> "scope" is added and a GC-free runtime should be available.

If you have any concrete ideas here, now is the right time to
talk with Walter.
You might want to respond to
http://forum.dlang.org/post/m5p99m$luk$1@digitalmars.com or open
a new thread that mentions DIP69 in it's title.

> 2. Redesign features and libraries to better support AVX
> auto-vectorization as well as explicit AVX programming.

I wanted to put that on my list too, as cross-compiler SIMD
support.
Are there any issues with dmd's approach to SIMD intrinsics and
why didn't GDC and LDC follow?