removal of dead functions and methods

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 25 09:58:38 PST 2014

On Thu, 25 Dec 2014 17:49:36 +0100
Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> On 24/12/14 15:35, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > besides, it's not always possible to use GDC or LDC, as they tend to be
> > off by at least one frontend/phobos version, or have some unfixed bugs
> > that prevents building binary.
>
> That's something that is better fixed by adjusting the design of the frontend
> such that a new version can be dropped plug-and-play style on top of an
> arbitrary backend.

i'm in no way telling that LDC and GDC authors doing something wrong.
i'm just admitting the fact. i'll be very happy if GDC will be on par
with DMD, and if D frontend will become "stable" in the means of API,
so switching to new version will not take month of manwork.

it seems to me that with introducing visitors everywhere future frontend
code will be easier to integrate.