Chapel vs D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 27 04:09:13 PST 2014

On Friday, 26 December 2014 at 18:38:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> It's also a lot a matter of getting used to it.

That is true. I got used to Motorola 68000 assembly and probably
found it more clear than the C syntax when I used it frequently,
but that does not mean the 68K syntax was great.

One can use "a matter of getting used to" to defend just about
any design, but in the real world programmers often use many
languages. Only the most hard core will spend most of their time
with D.  "getting used to" is a bad market strategy. Familiarity
and consistency is important.