DIP66 has been approved contingent to a few amendments as noted

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 27 07:12:18 PST 2014

On Saturday, 27 December 2014 at 14:59:58 UTC, newbe wrote:
> does that mean, that sociomantics is writing crappy, fault prone
> and unusable software?
> they are the praised light on D's sky when evangelizing D, even
> if everybody thinks they are using D2.
> are they dumb or just uneducated?

That means that they have huge working code base that can be just
simply switched to different language version. If using inferior
toolchain didn't result in productivity losses no one would
bother upgrading even now.

There is certain sympathy towards D1 as a _language_ but compiler
quality as well as toolchain infrastructure is simply
non-existent. I dream of being able to use DScanner, mono-d,
dfix, ldc/gdc and similar cool things at work.