http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 28 13:31:32 PST 2014

On 12/28/2014 12:45 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 December 2014 at 03:09:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> Walter and I have been working on revamping DIP25, which focuses on tightening
>> the screws of ref. This should then simplify DIP69 significantly.
>>
>> Please comment: http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP25
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> I like the simplicity of it. It's a lot easier to understand than
> the previous version. The breaking change is easy to identify and
> fix and could actually reveal bugs.
>
> +1
>
> I still have to read through DIP 69 to see how this works with
> that but I think this DIP would be a good addition on its own.

Although I believe DIP69 is technically sound, it was abundantly clear from the
thread about it that almost nobody understood it. It was too complicated and
unintuitive. Andrei convinced me we had to go back to the drawing board.

DIP25 still needs to address things like overloading and inheritance, but I
think we can just swipe that from DIP69.