Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 28 18:43:17 PST 2014

On 27 December 2014 at 02:21, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 12/25/14 5:18 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
>>
>> On 12/26/2014 9:48 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>

>>> Ironically, the string and algorithm functions are probably the worst
>>> offenders, but coincidentally, there is a high chance that these are
>>> the first functions anyone will ever reach for, so they present a
>>> terrible first impression.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> When I first made the move from D1 to D2, this caused me no end of
>> frustration. The docs were quite unhelpful in this regard. It irked me
>> enough that I wrote a rant about it on my old blog. It doesn't bother me
>> anymore, so I haven't thought about it in years. This post brings it back.
>

> I thought the std.algorithm stuff is decently documented. What would be the
> major pain points? -- Andrei

The first line of text respectively:

C#:
  public static void Sort<T>(T[] array)

D:
  SortedRange!(Range, less) sort(alias less = "a < b", SwapStrategy ss
= SwapStrategy.unstable, Range)(Range r) if ((ss ==
SwapStrategy.unstable && (hasSwappableElements!Range ||
hasAssignableElements!Range) || ss != SwapStrategy.unstable &&
hasAssignableElements!Range) && isRandomAccessRange!Range &&
hasSlicing!Range && hasLength!Range);

I'm sure you can see the problem...