Worst Phobos documentation evar!

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 13:10:15 PST 2014

On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 17:38:42 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Most Phobos range functions return opaque types that the user
> should not
> depend on (even if the type is nameable), since the point of
> the range
> API is to have user code Just Work(tm) without needing to know
> the
> actual type of the returned object.

That's not something we should assume a new D user will know.
Someone with a few years of C++ experience will probably be okay,
but that's kind of my point - the documentation shouldn't require
that background. I can imagine someone seeing examples that use
auto with ranges and then asking "Now what?" Those are the
frustrations that make users give up on the language.