Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 14:40:02 PST 2014

On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 22:35:50 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> "For any markup that is not covered by Markdown’s syntax, you
> simply use HTML itself."

That's why I don't like DDoc. It has the "feature" if passing
characters through it unencoded for embedding HTML, but that
makes the output impossible to make correct and extremely tedious
to approximate correctness when documenting something like xml.

Ddoc isn't too bad, but trying to document examples in dom.d
turned into a mess of /// finds $(LT)foo/$(GT) quickly and I
couldn't stand it.

Since then, I just type plain text commands and don't use the
macro processor in dmd. It is nice code, but just a flawed design
for this use :(