Lost a new commercial user this week :(

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 17:54:09 PST 2014

On 12/29/14 4:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/29/2014 8:51 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 16:33:05 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>> If anybody cared about good Windows debugging support or getting vibe.d
>>> working flawlessly on Windows, they'd have done it already.  Now,
>>> Manu might
>>> bring more attention to those issues through his post and someone may
>>> decide
>>> to work on them as a result- it has already spurred Walter to try and
>>> improve
>>> the phobos docs- which is why I have no problem with his criticism.
>>
>> Criticism about documentation is actually very well-placed - it is an
>> issue that
>> affects everyone, can be fixed in small chunks and does not require
>> huge effort
>> investment for each chunk. No one loses, everyone wins, yay!
>
> I am trying to lead by example, but so far I see only a couple pull
> requests from others improving the Phobos docs.
>
> C'mon, guys, most fixes are pretty trivial, it's just that there's a lot
> of them. If everyone does one for a function they're already familiar
> with, we can get a lot done.

I've also fixed a stray paren in std.algorithm
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2824), which was
diagnosed correctly every time the documentation was generated. During
doc generation there are also a bunch of warnings about undocumented or
mismatched params. It would be awesome if someone was on it.

I very much appreciate the folks who make it a point to contribute to
the github repos in addition to helping out people on the forums. I've
identified as a distinct task of mine for 2015 to improve my leadership
skills, starting with convincing someone to literally remove one
character :o).

Andrei