Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 29 21:13:13 PST 2014

On 30/12/2014 5:46 p.m., Kiith-Sa wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 04:33:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 12/29/14 6:50 PM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
>>> .. etc.
>>
>> You seem to not like your own proposals! -- Andrei
>
> I like them less than a markdown-DDoc combo. They (at least the first
> one) are still a way to make DDoc more readable even without markdown.
>
> As escaping seems to be considered to be the major issue here the second
> proposal may result in a lot of extra escaping depending on character/s
> used (and I personally would hate $MACRO arg1 arg2$ which would reuse $
> to minimize escaping).
>
> The first idea I don't find anything to dislike about, but it will only
> help for 1-param macros. That's not a 'bad', just 'good to a lesser
> degree'.

Hmm I have an idea.
I wonder if I can get ddoc to generate json files.

If I can, theoretically with some client side clever tricks I could make
this rather nice. Integration into dub and might even have a central
documentation source on dub repo.

Also means all the ddoc macros like styles would be going away.