Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 30 05:18:05 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 13:08 +0000, via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 05:36:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> > That should be possible (probably after a few improvements).
> > I'm working on a few templates for alternate formats including
> > LaTeX, plain text, and well, now json. -- Andrei
>
> Would it not be easier to just do a raw convert to XML and use XSLT
> to transform into other formats?

And, of course, ASCIIDoc was invented to be a human usable input to
such a tool chain. Though now with ASCIIDoctor there is a direct to
PDF without using FOP or LaTeX.

Markdown is inadequate for more than single page HTML, XeLaTeX is
incorrectly disliked by far too many people, ReStructured Text is
perceived to be Python specific,… ASCIIDoc wins.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk