Worst Phobos documentation evar!

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 30 12:31:20 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:36:16AM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 12/30/14 10:10 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >Using blank lines to separate paragraphs would be fine,*if*  ddoc
> >processes them internally and wraps paragraphs in $(P...)
> >automatically instead of inserting $(BLANKLINE). However, currently
> >it doesn't. And I am loathe to change this because the PR will
> >inevitably get rejected, since it will break every ddoc macro set
> >that relies on $(BLANKLINE).
>
> I'd pull it, and I think it can work alongside BLANKLINE. -- Andrei

How would we make it work alongside BLANKLINE? Define $(P ...) as
$(BLANKLINE)$0 ? I'm not sure it will actually be equivalent, though,
and might cause some problems with existing ddoc macro sets.

Or are you saying emit *both* BLANKLINE and P, and the user simply sets
one of them to be a no-op?

Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth