Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 07:21:10 PST 2014

On 2014-12-29 23:44, Walter Bright wrote:

> I know. That's what's wrong with it. It is severely underpowered, and so
> uses a wretched hybrid approach like C uses a preprocessor because it is
> underpowered.

That's what's making it better than ddoc. 90% of the time that power is
not needed. Ddoc is instead making that 90% of the documentation a lot
harder to write

> In reddit, is it [link](description) or [description](link) or
> (link)[description] or (description)[link]? I have to read the dam help
> file every time. No, I can't remember what it is for which Markdown
> flavor, either.

If it's uses anything other than [text](url) it's not Markdown, period.

> BTW, using macros have cut my web page writing time by about 75%. It's
> also a joy to just change the macro definitions and voila! the whole web
> site fixes itself.

Using Ruby and Haml has improved the time it takes for me to write a web
site. I can just change a Ruby function or a template the whole site
changes. That doesn't mean I just Ruby and Haml to document my code.
Pick the write tool for the job. Markdown is not the right tool to use
for writing a book or a complete web site. Ddoc is not the right tool
for documenting code.

--
/Jacob Carlborg