compile-time opIndex

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 14:03:20 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 09:41:18PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 December 2014 at 21:37:37 UTC, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> >Very nice! Now make it work for int* and string*, but indexing the
> >tuple returns (non-pointer) int and string. This is the original use
> >case that prompted this ER, btw, so if it can't be achieved, then we
> >haven't solved anything.
>
> My original point was that it shouldn't be done even if it can be
> done.

Point. But that means we've gone nowhere with AA .byPair().

If I wanted to stir up controversy, I'd say that the ultimate cause of
this issue was the fact that struct fields can't be ref; otherwise it
would be a non-problem (make .key and .value ref, and then .tupleof will
Just Work(tm)).

Bare foot: (n.) A device for locating thumb tacks on the floor.