Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 15:03:36 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 31 December 2014 at 22:53:14 UTC, Ary Borenszweig
wrote:
> It looks quite clean to me:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/blob/master/arrays.dd

One of the very first lines:

     $(TABLE2 Kinds of Arrays,
         $(THEAD Syntax, Description)
         $(TROW $(ARGS $(I type)*), $(ARGS $(RELATIVE_LINK2
pointers, Pointers to data)))
         $(TROW $(ARGS $(I type)[$(I integer)]), $(ARGS
$(RELATIVE_LINK2 static-arrays, Static arrays)))
         $(TROW $(ARGS $(I type)[]),  $(ARGS $(RELATIVE_LINK2
dynamic-arrays, Dynamic arrays)))
         $(TROW $(ARGS $(I type)[$(I type)]), $(ARGS $(DDLINK
hash-map, Associative Arrays, Associative arrays)))
     )

I had no idea of what it is and how it will look like after doc
generation until started checking each macro one by one. Similar
stuff in md:

     |       Kinds of Arrays    |
     |--------------------------|
     | Syntax         | Description |
     |`type*`         | [Pointers to data](/arrays.html#pointers)
  |
     |`type[integer]` | [Static
arrays](/arrays.html#static-arrays) |

     // etc.

it is just so much easier to work with : resembles actual
generated layout, less noise from service symbols, no special
macros for basic things. It may be somewhat less maintainable
because everything is hard-coded but it is not something that
changes casually.