Improving ddoc

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 15:14:23 PST 2014

On 1/1/15, ketmar via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> ah, "markdown" here means "anything human-readable", be it markdown,
> textile, restructured, or something completely different. i don't
> really care, as long as it's not littered by visual noise.

I think the best way to show the benefits of any of these formatting
syntax flavors is to actually write a sample documentation page based
on an existing one from phobos/dlang.org, with the same (or close to)
the generated output as the ddoc one, and then we can clearly see how
the two compare and whether it's worth considering looking into.

I personally agree the ddoc macro's can introduce a lot of visual noise.