Improving ddoc

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 15:59:02 PST 2014

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 12:49:06 +1300
Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> 2. Allow usage of CTFE as a macro.

this what Ddoc is really should be. no need in anything other: let all
documentation be processed by CTFE. not by per-function basis though:
compiler must collect *all* documentation and then call one CTFE entry
point to process it. if we gave multiple source files in the command
line, it should collect documentation from all that source files. this
is to allow keeping some state when processing docs.

and then everything Ddoc macros does now can be written in D. and if
someone wants markdown... he will just write a markdown processor in D,
and BLAM! there is markdown processor, without patching the compiler.

ah, and compiler source can be made simplier, as Ddoc can be removed
altogether.

it's perfect. it will solve ALL problems. it will allow people to use
anything they like. and we already has the D interpreter to power it.