Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 16:05:09 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 31 December 2014 at 23:53:48 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/31/2014 3:42 PM, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> ah, the following is even better:
>
> Now do it it markdown. Oh wait, markdown doesn't enable
> specification of different kinds of fonts and formatting.
> Markedown doesn't have local hyperlinks. Have fun with LUCKY in
> markdown.
>
> Of course, you can skip all that and just have generic tables,
> and generic formatting and fantastically ugly urls, but you can
> do that in Ddoc, too, and avoid using any pesky macros like
> LUCKY.
>
> I'll make it easy for you. Just show us $(LUCKY Boyer-Moore
> _algorithm) in markdown.
>

> The point is, you do not have to use the macros if Ddoc if you
> don't want to.

seriously, which part of:

DDoc with Markdown

do you fail to understand?

This:
http://defenestrate.eu/docs/tharsis-core/concepts/process.html

is the kind of article I write in my documentation (one of the
first few, there will be about 10 more). It's in
ReStructuredText, which again, is pretty much a more feature-rich
Markdown. I couldn't do that with DDoc without an extremely
unreadable source; now, with DDoc+Markdown
(https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod), I can do it with
maybe one macro for the admonitions.