Worst Phobos documentation evar!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 31 16:54:39 PST 2014

On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 00:05:10 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> DDoc with Markdown

This is the biggest deal: what people are talking about is
actually not that different from what ddoc already does!

If you write:

/**
     Something here.

     Something else here.
*/

Ddoc ALREADY converts that into:

$(DDOC_SUMMARY Something here.)

$(DDOC_DESCRIPTION Something else here.)

(Which tbh sometimes bugs me, I don't like how "Given: foo" alwas
turns into a DDOC_SECTION)

Anyway, the point is that ddoc is ALREADY a variant on the
markdown style of languages! Those paragraphs are assumed to have
semantic meaning and converted into macros for the output.

What people really are proposing is to add a few more macro
shorthands. Like `foo` being changed to $(D foo).

None of the ddoc flexibility would be lost and you can still
define your own macros. The only difference is there'd be a few
more conversions done just the way DDOC_SUMMARY is done now.