Smart pointers instead of GC?

develop32 develop32 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 04:20:32 PST 2014

On Saturday, 1 February 2014 at 12:04:56 UTC, JR wrote:
> In your opinion, of how much value would deadlining be? As in,
> "okay handyman, you may sweep the floor now BUT ONLY FOR 6
> MILLISECONDS;

Unrelated to the whole post note: 6ms is too high, I would allow
max 1ms a frame for a game I'm developing and even that is
somewhat painful.

If I turn on GC on the game I'm making, it takes 80ms every frame
when memory usage is 800mb (shown on task manager). This was
actually surprising, previously it was 6ms, good that I made my
engine GC independent.