GC-free techniques for a wiki page - Was: Smart pointers instead of GC?

Mike none at none.com
Sat Feb 1 21:30:10 PST 2014

On Saturday, 1 February 2014 at 20:26:51 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 1/31/14, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bumping old thread:
>>
>> There is an ever-increasing amount of newcomers in #d on IRC
>> who
>> end up asking how to avoid the GC or at least to be able to
>> determine where implicit allocations happen. I think we should
>> work on creating a wiki page and gather as much advice as
>> possible on dealing with the GC, implicit allocations,
>> real-time
>> constraints, etc.
>
> It looks like this post was missed, and instead people started
> replying to messages from over a year ago. :)

I found this page quite useful (http://dlang.org/memory.html),
but I acknowledge it's probably not enough.

I've only been here a short time, but I'm beginning to see that
things with "we should" likely won't every happen until they are
replaced with "I should".