Smart pointers instead of GC?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Feb 2 02:53:35 PST 2014

On Sunday, 2 February 2014 at 07:35:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> No.
>
> What I'm driving at is that right now the type is A, as is in a
> variety of other situations. It would be a whole different
> language that would be wholly incompatible with D.

What do you think about my `scope` proposal? It does not
introduce any new syntax and should be somewhat in line with
existing reference escape analysis.

By the way, Sonke Ludwig has recently named scope +
unique/isolated qualifiers as one of more promising D
improvements for vibe.d : "having this in the core language would
open up a lot of potential for performance and safety
improvements and I feel that it needs more advertisement to
really reach the decision makers - and of course the general
community"