Review of DIP53

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Feb 2 16:58:56 PST 2014

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP53

There are quite a few similarities with DIP49 so I won't discuss the
shared parts. In fact my only comment is that I'm unclear on the
motivation and the progress marked by this DIP (i.e. assuming it's
implemented to perfection, it would make D better because...). One
argument is that "current definition is very complex and hard to
understand" but DIP53 doesn't seem to make matters any simpler.

What adds to the confusion is that some rules already work today so it's
unclear what's already there and where the changes are.

Overall, I'm not clear what DIP53 does. It may only be a matter of the
writeup itself. Also I'll note that there might be subtleties of current
constructors I'm inadvertently glossing over.

Andrei