Idiotmatic D

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 01:43:40 PST 2014

On Monday, 3 February 2014 at 08:38:16 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Nope.  But neither was your previous one.  Which of the two is
> closer to true?  This set, by a large margin.
>
> Exaggeration and vague statements of problems does nothing
> other than inflame and spread FUD.

I've listed many specifics before, but you'll have to hunt the
newsgroup to find them. I'm sure they're right next to the
official plan for the "delete" keyword, the "!<>" operator, and
imaginary number literals.

How about the "D Logo and Slogan" thread? There's still confusion
about which of the two equivalent alias syntaxes is more correct.
I apparently made a static analysis rule that asks users to use
the wrong one.

The "Which tools do you miss in D?" thread: A lot of these tools
don't exist because the process of developing D tooling is an
incredibly painful process of looking at the spec, Phobos, DMD's
source code, and experimentation to figure out what D is, and
even after having done all that I'm still not sure.

The real problem is that I don't think we care. Several people
spoke about this at DConf last year and the only thing that's
happened since then is that I've made people annoyed.