Smart pointers instead of GC?

Frank Bauer x at y.com
Mon Feb 3 07:22:57 PST 2014

On Monday, 3 February 2014 at 15:09:08 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
> It's pure laziness. That is the hole point of AGC, right? So you
> don't have to pay attention to what you are doing.

Well, aren't we all programmers because we are lazy? Othherwise
we would be moving physical stuff around ;)

Certainly, Walter, Andrei and the rest were anything but lazy.
Quite the opposite. But considering what they accomplished
already, maybe they decide to go that extra mile in the coming
years.

I actually enjoy the comfort of a GC cleaning up after me, if I
don't have critical stuff to do. Other than that, you are right:
if you know what you do in your code and given powerful tools,
you can accomplish more (performance).