Smart pointers instead of GC?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Feb 3 12:43:15 PST 2014

On Monday, 3 February 2014 at 20:02:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I thought I made it clear that GC avoidance (which includes
> considering built-in reference counting) is a major focus of
> 2014.

Please make it so that you can easily write thread-level
allocator agnostic code without passing the allocator around.
E.g. so that you can start writing code with GC, but properly
release memory, then when you are certain that your model does
not introduce cycles replace it with a cheaper allocation model
with no additional code changes.