Processes and Channels, cf. goroutines.

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Tue Feb 4 02:11:27 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 09:37:16 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
> This is interesting, but you can bring that sort of approach to
> some other language as well. Here is a simple approach to get
> it done for Java:
> http://java.dzone.com/articles/go-style-goroutines-java-and.
> What is hard to implement without support from the language is
> the CSP-style channel select, which delivers a lot of the power
> of channels in Go.

To follow up on this here is what Ian Taylor (member of Go dev
team) says about this (in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de#!topic/golang-nuts/kF_caFpPNgA):

I have not looked at your code.  I just want to say that the
select
statement is the core of Go's channels.  Without select, channels
are
just a simple communication mechanism.  If you want to design a
different implementation of Go's channels, I recommend designing
select first.