Side-Q: GC/ARC/Allocators - How many GC's

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Feb 4 07:12:43 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 13:52:53 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
> It seems to me, that one thing people really want in this
> discussion is to be able to select a single allocation strategy
> for their application, regardless of the libraries involved.

I want:

1. To use full GC during start up and initialization for all
objects that are going to live throughout "playmode".

2. To call CollectEverythingAndPauseGC

3. To use unique+shared+pools during "play mode" and no GC,
except perhaps some kind of local GC.

4. To revert to full GC during "loadmode/savemode"

5. goto 2.

This is of course possible today, but not as convenient as it
could be.