Smart pointers instead of GC?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Feb 4 07:18:47 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 02:51:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>>   Rust seems to have found a very nice model, and even cpp with
>> value/unique/rc/weak is IMO superior to what D currently offers
>
> I think Rust expended too much language complexity on that one
> issue.
>
> Andrei

By the way, while this statement was true for initial design,
they have recently moved to much more simple model, replacing
most of more complicated pointer types with library solutions. I
think those who refer to Rust example are more likely to have in
mind that new model and your judgement seems to be based on
previous one.