Two Questions

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 22:46:42 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 16:18:24 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
> Popped into my head today.
>
> What proportion of the D community develops on Linux of some
> sort, and what proportion works with a 64 bit OS?
>
> And why?

There has been polls in the past, I believe Linux dominates (not
sure if there were questions about 64bit).

Linux amd64 is my main desktop, so it is also my main platform
for hobby projects.

At work we run we have Windows, I end up writing for 32 bit there
because I haven't had good luck with hobby projects moving to
64bit windows.

Why is linux my main desktop? I'll provide one example. I have 3
desktops right now. Two have different programming project items,
and then there is this one with Steam, hulu and other
entertainment items. Linux Rox.