Updating dlang.org documentation

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Wed Feb 5 10:01:18 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 5 February 2014 at 12:06:44 UTC, Mike wrote:
> I've submitted a couple of pull request to fix some dlang.org's
> documentation, using github's web editor.  The changes were
> simple, so I really didn't need to render the .dd file to
> verify my changes.  However, if I make a larger change, I'd
> like to be able to see the end result as readers will see it.
>
> How can I render the .dd files to html?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

The makefiles have an "html" target for running DDoc.  There's a
std.ddoc file with macros in the dlang.org repository that the
phobos docs references so you'll want to ensure the paths between
phobos and dlang.org are right in the makefile (I believe DOCSRC
defaults to "../dlang.org"). Once you are sure the paths are
good, just run:

make -f {posix.mak/win32.mak} html (choose the right makefile for
your platform)