Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Wed Feb 5 12:20:33 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 5 February 2014 at 20:04:31 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I said it a couple of times, and it seems it bears repeating:
> the charter of this is solely to create a slice type that takes
> care of itself. What this is not is a general solution for
> managing internal pointers or pointers to arbitrary objects.

Then I think this is starting in the wrong end of the problem
space. Slices are tiny dots in this picture.

It would be better to have a RC compiler switch and version{}
statements in the libraries rather than having extensive special
casing of RC/GC  vs pure GC types in user code.