Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Thu Feb 6 03:30:17 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 11:08:51 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
> all libraries that other deparments don't want you to see or
> you don't
> need to see - so unnormal in your environment?

My environment is kind of not the point (but yes that would have
been un-normal :-). If it is internal then you surely have
selected the compile options as a project policy and that makes
this a non-issue.

It is external libraries that are an issue, and depending on
closed source external libraries is risky if they cannot be
replaced. Depending on your contract you might have to
reimplement the entire library for scratch for free if you cannot
fix a problem. And unfortunately, small players file for
bankruptcy all the time, so open source is the best insurance you
can get.