List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu Feb 6 11:07:54 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 18:20:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/6/14, 10:05 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>> Am Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:32:08 +0000
>> schrieb "Dicebot" <public at dicebot.lv>:
>>
>>> On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 16:28:25 UTC, Andrei
>>> Alexandrescu

>>> Merging
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1886
>>> and running phobos unit tests should make it relatively
>>> simple,
>>> at least for a first pass.
>>
>> That's only for implicit allocations though. And please, don't
>> merge
>> yet, it'll get another rewrite this weekend ;-)
>
> Please close if you plan to rewrite.
>
>> One interesting point is that module that were written with
>> avoiding
>> allocations in mind usually still allocate when throwing
>> exceptions.
>
> Good point, we need to address that as well.

I'd think fixing that is probably above and beyond what is
required to satisfy most people. If you are throwing so many
exceptions that GC pauses are a problem you've got more serious
problems than the GC.

nothrow doesn't concern itself with Error exceptions, I think
nogc should just ignore exceptions generally.