List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Feb 6 13:38:02 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 19:08:40 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 18:52:21 UTC, fra wrote:
>> Hey, wait a second. How do you throw without allocating?
>
> I think exceptions should be ok. You optimize the typical path,
> and exceptions are (by definition) an exceptional path. If they
> are also unacceptable, you could restrict yourself to nothrow
> functions. (Which can still throw Errors... but meh they are
> even *more* exceptional)

Hardly so. Any exception allocation can trigger GC collection
cycle and Phobos does not provide any other way to handle data
errors. Any application that operates on some external user input
will be subject to DoS attack vector if it uses Phobos directly.

It was huge performance killer for vibe.d last time I have
checked, for example.