Rust brags about closed (fixed) issues in their bug tracker

Paul Freund freund.paul at lvl3.org
Thu Feb 6 13:51:54 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 21:19:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/6/14, 1:13 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1x66zv/the_rust_repository_closed_the_second_most_number/
>>
>> This made me wonder what the D stats are? Obviously we don't
>> use
>> github's bug tracker, but I think we still close a lot of
>> issues as
>> FIXED. Can anyone show some D stats?
>
> One issue we can't quite brag about is the glacial pace of
> reviewing and accepting already proposed contributions.
>
> Andrei

One thing I observed is that our bugtracker and "idea collection"
in the wiki is not very clear. For example I always search for a
list of all open issues at https://d.puremagic.com/issues/ (I now
know there is a link on http://dlang.org/bugstats.php) and it
took me ages to find the DIP page in the wiki.).

I think an alternative issue/idea tracker in the style of the
github issues would be a useful improvement. Mabye even github
issues if a hosted solution is an alternative.