Idiotmatic D

Mike none at none.com
Thu Feb 6 16:38:20 PST 2014

On Monday, 3 February 2014 at 11:37:15 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:

> So, here? http://dlang.org/deprecate.html

That list is not complete.  I know of two that aren't on this
list:
1) alias {newSymbol} {existingSymbol};
2) new(...) allocator.  delete is there, but new isn't

> Considering that fixing these problems are tedious and
> unrewarding tasks, it's not surprising that so few people step
> up
> to do it.

Agreed, but...

> Considering that this task does not require as much
> knowledge/experience as, e.g., hacking the compiler, IMHO the
> best people to get it done is those who actually need them done.

IMHO the best people to get it done are the ones who implement or
change the feature.  The job isn't finished until they've done so.

Mike