List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Feb 6 19:19:31 PST 2014

On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 22:56:45 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 February 2014 at 21:38:03 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Any application that operates on some external user input will
>> be subject to DoS attack vector if it uses Phobos directly.
>
> Hmm, I hadn't considered that. Maybe exceptions could be
> handled automatically though due to the facts that there are
> rarely more than one in flight at any time and they typically
> don't live for long:
> [snipped lengthy example]

I really like vibe.d.  A lot.  But the way HTTP parse errors are
handled is a disaster.  Do you know what happened when I was
testing vibe.d recently and I sent it a bad request?  It sent a
stack trace as a responses.  A stack trace!  To a client!  I was
speechless.  Needless to say, I don't support the idea of further
enabling this design, regardless of whether it can be made a
pinnacle of elegance.