Phobos for Review: std.buffer.scopebuffer

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 07:57:12 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 February 2014 at 11:23:31 UTC, Lars T. Kyllingstad
wrote:
> But what you're saying is that you would change the signature
> as well, to something like this:

See my output range thread too: we might be able to still return
the slice while taking the OR for result, and also through in a
default value so things just work without changes.

Some caution would be needed by the caller to understand that if
you pass a scope buffer as the output range, the returned slice
is owned by that buffer too... but that's a managable
restriction, they did pass the buffer after all so it is no
surprise to them when it gets used!