Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Fri Feb 7 10:05:32 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 February 2014 at 16:25:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'm jaded - Walter and I bounced around for years ideas that
> vaguely prescribe a feature/optimization and gloss over many
> details and all difficulties... they're a dime a dozen.

I see, in this particular case it will work if dynamic stack
allocation works and if you have guards on the stack size (page
traps at the end of the stack).

The optimization is very limited, since it only works for
returning one variable length structure under certain
circumstances, but then again it is a common case for types where
you want to do temporary allocation and prepending/appending
something before making a system call or similar.