List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 12:41:00 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 February 2014 at 17:10:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Ok, well I guess that primarily is an issue for validation
> errors where you need to return detailed error reporting. "Not
> Found" etc can be preallocated as immutable, or?

yeah, preallocating exceptions might be a really good idea.

> That sounds pretty good, was that as localhost, or over a
> network?

localhost, and it was just hello world, performance of my thing
degrades kinda quickly - it never gets /bad/, but it isn't great
either once it starts doing more stuff than the basisc (but it is
soooo easy to use! for me anyway)

> You could synchronize them by calling the GC explicitly N
> seconds after the other process GC or you if you use a load
> balancer, maybe the GC could be scheduled by the load balancer
> or notify the load balancer (assuming all requests are
> short-lived).

yeah. I'm not even sure if it would be a big deal in practice
because there's often a lull anyway where the gc can get caught
up (certainly not a problem for the lower traffic sites I mostly
work on)